Tips for Caring for a Newly Purchased Dog
Delightful moments arrive when your house arrives, a new family member, a small, cute puppy. All the best things are given to him. But a few days later a problem arises that is very disturbing to your mind. Your beloved puppy does not want to eat, stress, diarrhea, etc.
Therefore, to avoid the things above, follow these tips:
1. After the dog you just bought arrived at home, put it in a quiet place. Don’t invite to play in 2-3 hours. Let him adapt to the new environment.
2. Do not immediately feed, this is often done by new dog owners. Puppies who have just arrived at a new home if they are in a healthy condition will immediately eat the food given even though they are still stressed. It’s best to be fed 12 hours after the dog arrives at home. Dogs that are immediately fed when they arrive will usually have problems a few days later, such as a hunger strike.
3. Give enough food, do not continue to be fed if the portion given is up. Healthy puppies will consume how much food is there until the stomach is full. Most eating causes diarrhea.
4. A new dog (regardless of age) should not be bathed or given a vaccination at least 1 week since he arrived.
5. The new puppy will cry in a few days. If he is crying, leave it alone. This will take around 2-3 days.
6. Check the health of the dog you just bought to the vet.